Sunday 13 February 2011

What I Have Learnt

Our group (Green Productions) finished filming and editing our 3 film openings. After we had finished this we had to look back on what we had done. For this I reviewed myself and how I worked with my group including what I thought I had done well and what i could improve on.


I thought that as a group we worked pretty well. We spilt up the tasks equally and this was helpful as know of us felt that we had to much to do. I found that filming in a group of four was really useful when we were filming Juno as we each had a certain task to do e.g. me moving the doll, Scott filming, Charly checking the set up was right and Devon making sure what we were doing matched with our shot list and storyboard. We filmed Juno quicker than we though and it all worked really well. After this me and Scott spent some of our spare time to film The Strangers and Charly and Devon would then film Vertigo alone. Although this was the plan it didn't work out like this as the girls realised they couldn't film it alone and I had to appear in the Vertigo piece as they couldn't film each other properly. This wasn't a worry as we were able to film it quickly in one of our lesson as our group do work together well.
For the editing part of the project I found out how hard it was to edit in a group of three. Our group are extremely lucky as Charly owns the same equipment as we use in the school. It was really helpful as she didn't take over at all and spent her time showing us what she was doing so we knew how to do it. Our editing took a long time as we spent a lot of time doing things we didn't necessarily need but they made it look slightly better. I didn't mind spending my time editing as our projects looked rather good in the end.


Personally I thought I contributed enough to the group, as i showed up to all of the editing sessions I could and I filmed some part in each remake. I think that for our final project I will set back a little as sometimes I feel I am to controlling. Although saying this I find it might help our group as we all have our certain traits and that is mine. I think for our final project our group will work really well together as we are all really committed. As I really enjoy the lessons and want a good grade I think I'm working harder than I was in my last group, as I feel our group can really excel.

No comments:

Post a Comment